Visits Since 19 Dec 09

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Who Needs Quarters?

I've added two more machines, (I'm so compulsive) to make myself a little arcade just in time for the cold winter weather.
R-Type is still my favorite to play. Classic shmup, way fun and challenging.

Turbo Out Run is a pretty standard driving game, reach the check point to add more time. The steering wheel shakes when you hit something. My son can barely see over the wheel but he loves it.

Space Invaders is an interesting piece. At first I wasn't sure about it. Primitive game play, B&W, I think it only makes about 10 sounds. However, I quickly fell in love. The simple game play is still very challenging. (I've yet to make it to the 4th level) The side art, glass art, and art within the cabinet is beautiful. The Retro coolness of this thing is through the roof and it has high replay value. I'm very happy to have this piece in my collection.

No comments: