Visits Since 19 Dec 09

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Other systems








I told myself I wouldn't do it but sure enough, here's the start of my non-Nintendo collection.
As you can see, I've got a nice little Genesis collection, I had this system as a young adult. Earth Worm Jim and Phantasy Star IV were the only games I had. Beleve it or not all this Genesis stuff was purchased locally ( except Toejam and Earl) and cheaply. Even the CIB system was $8 at the Goodwill. I also cane across a boxed 32X recently. Collecting goals? There's some decent titles out there I don't have yet.
.
.
I got my first Playstation in 2002 after I was married. Grand Torismo 2 and Final Fantasy 9 got alot of playing time. I never really intended on collecting Playstation stuff I've really never been a fan of it. Again all local finds. Someone gave me the PS2 Slim for a NES, the PS1 was bought at a Garage sale for $1 (boxes for the PS1 and PS2 were found at Gamers for $2) and the PSone came off of Craigslist for $15. The PS2 is hooked up but I never use it. Collecting Goals? I've been snaging up RPGs when I come across them cheap.

I've wanted a Turbografx 16 since I started collecting seriously. I'm not sure why. I had one for about 4 weeks in High School. Bought it cheap 2nd hand, played it for a couple weeks and sold it for more $. I don't even remember what games I had. This one is also hooked up and I've play the crap out of Blazing Lazers. It's hard to see but I've got 30 or so titles for it already. Collecting Goals? I was pretty active for a short time tring to get all of the Hucards. Less interested now but I grab them when I see them.
.
.
Xbox. That green one is a limited edition Mountain Dew Xbox. It's real cool looking. I've got a Xbox 360 I never play. Collecting goals? None really, other limited edition consoles as I see them and I want to get House of the Dead III and the light gun
.
.
4-bit: I picked up a CIB Intelivison with a handfull of CIB games for like $20 one day. As soon as I got it I wanted a Atari 2600. I had the INTV hooked up for a day and never really cared for it. Since I've picked up around 10 CIB games at gamers for $1 each.
.
.
Atari 2600: Not since the first NES I got as an adult have I been so excited about collecting and playing. Bit by bit, I've accumilated around 20 games I first listed off when I thought about getting Atari games. Many are sealed. The 2600 is hooked up and I play it alot. I've even submitted a few high scores with it. Collecting Goals? None really, there's a handful more 2600 games that I've heard are good. I'd like to pick them up to try. I'll grab 2600 and INTV CIB games up at Gamers as I see them. I've heard that Utopia is good for INTV.
.
.
Dreamcast: I recently picked up a loose one on the cheap at the goodwill. It came with 2 madcatz guns and House of the Dead II. This game is reason enough to own this system. I play that game alot right now. Collecting goals? I'd like to get a CIB one and maybe the top 10-20 games for it



Others????
A 3DO if I found one cheap would be kinda cool. Possibly a Sega Master System. I've got an Atari 5200 and I'm not a fan. A 7800? Meh. No interest in a Jaguar either. I don't have a PS3 or a DS yet. Someday probably. I do want an arcade. I'd find room somewhere fo Bump 'n Jump and Road Blasters






No comments: